"I cleave the heavens, and soar to the infinite. What others see from afar, I leave far behind me." Giordano Bruno (1548 – February 17, 1600)

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Dancing in our Dream

Dancing in our Dream

I have tripped and fallen along the way,
often thinking that even, on what I thought as safe paths,
I wandered with what appeared to be two left feet.
Don't laugh, my love, it is true.
Of course, I failed to realise though clumsy,
the evil of one, who could cause such pain in another,
to make her stumble, trip and fall in anguish and confusion.

I have written fine lines for one undeserving,
that is also true, that I know now, I admit it
all the time the words, the lines, should have been for you,
for the goodness that is you, for you are honourable.
I now take back those lines from the unworthy, my love,
and ask that though they were once tainted,
may I, in love, redeem them, make them worthy of you?

I know you are laughing at me, you always do,
especially when you know I can't catch you at it.
I'm glad you never laugh to be cruel,
only ever in merry jest, most of the time I can laugh too.
Without the magic of that part of our friendship,
I would never have thought you to be my saviour,
even though the experience of evil had made me doubt all.

I know now that you will always envelope me in safety,
I may trip on occasion, but no longer with two left feet,
my heart may still hold unbounded pain at times,
Though while you are here, it's forgotten for a time, gone.
So don't be long to answer on those redeemed words,
some already resurrected as the world can read,
so embrace and twirl me round, my love, we are ever,

Dancing in our dream.

© W. Heron, 2008

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment